Monday, March 19, 2007

Boys grow up to be quarterbacks, girls grow up to be figure skaters

This is a pretty fucking big week for me. Why? Because later this week, a doctor will poke inside mommy and see if I have a penis or a vagina. Or an incredibly elongated clitoris.

Actually, it's a bigger deal for mommy and daddy, since they can start picking names and buying shit that's going to reinforce some arbitrary society-mandated gender roles. Me, I know what I am. Well, that's not true. I have no idea what I am, and I won't really give a shit until I'm in kindergarten and other kids start calling me homophobic slurs.

And gender roles, if you think about, isn't all that artificial. See, girls and boys are wired differently. Specifically, they tend to find their self-worth in different ways - boys want to be scored, girls want to be scored. Let me explain:
  • Boys = quarterbacks
    How do men measure each other? I mean, other than taking a tape measure to the dick? By comparing stats. Nobody gives a shit whether one quarterback's more talented than another, but everybody cares about the numbers - total yards, touchdowns and Super Bowl rings. Similarly, guys are compared by their paychecks, the horsepowers on their cars, the number of girls they've fucked. No one cares about the qualitative shit, it's all hard numbers. Quality be damned, it's putting one in the "W" column, or the sperm in the vagina that counts.

  • Girls = figure skaters
    Chicks are different. Sure, she can do a triple lutz, maybe she can skate faster than everyone else, but what did the Russian judge think? What bout the French judge? While the male psyche operate on pure numbers, the dick-size mentality applying to pretty much everything in life, it's not enough for women to simply do well. They need acknowledgment that they're doing well. That's why you see an otherwise intelligent, attractive girl worrying about what some douche thinks of her. It doesn't really matter where it comes from, girls need validation.
Of course, thats all details. If I turn out to be a boy, I'll sleep with anything with a pulse that gives me the time of the day because, fuck, thats another notch on the bedpost, and if I'm a girl, I'll sleep with anyone who will come over and talk to me because, shit, someone values me!

3 comments:

Betty said...

What's wrong with you- your child isn't even born and you are already damning them to a life of hell as a blogger! Can you post more posts about what dating is like in the womb?

cletus the fetus said...

What are you talking about, Betty?

I, and only I, write this blog, on my own volition. Shit, I don't need my parents or anyone else putting fucking words in my mouth.

Anyway, who are you? You look kinda hot. Maybe we can hook up when I'm out of this joint - I'm thinking about going dyke just to piss my parents off.

Betty said...

you totally should! And if your parents weren't such assholes and moving to DC, I would totally be your hot nanny, FOR FREE! But we will get some face time during visits. Just think of me as blogger Aunt Betty, you are the first in the new generation of bloggers.